Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer Pasta Dishes with A Healthy Spin.

Summer is here and we are all looking for dishes that taste good and that are quick and easy. Also, that won't heat up our houses or pack on the pounds. If you are like me and love pasta but need to make it healthier then you will enjoy these recipes. This month I tried the Barilla Plus pastas which are multigrain pasta that actually have protein , fiber and ALA Omega-3. A healthier  type of pasta.  The pasta cooked up nicely and I couldn't tell the difference from regular pasta. The dishes seemed lighter and didn't give us that heavy feeling in the tummy.  Here are a few flavorful pasta dishes that are quick and easy to make.




The first dish is a quick side dish that you could easily add some veggies, shrimp or chicken to it and make it a whole meal. Lots of possibilities. I used the Barilla PLUS® Thin Spaghetti and it was excellent.  I made it for lunch with a small green salad. It was garlicky and delicious.




My next dish was very healthy with lots of flavor.  For this dish I used the Barilla Plus Rotini which was perfect for this all in one dish which can be served hot or cold.  I served it hot the night I fixed it and the next day I served it cold for lunch and I thought it was even better after sitting all night and serving cold. I loved the combination of the cherry tomatoes, tarragon, Salmon with the lemon and pasta.






Recipe:  Mezzi Rigatoni with Chicken Thighs, Rosemary, Lemon Zest and Roasted Garlic Sauce

I made this today for my neighbor who cut my lawn for me when my husband was out of town. I usually make my own sauce but this is a good sauce to keep on hand for those times when time is a factor.  The flavor was good but next time I will add some onion, mushrooms and some red bell pepper strips. All 3 grocery stores in my little town didn't have the Mezzi Rigatoni so I had to use Barilla Mostaccioli. I am looking forward to trying it with the Mezzi Rigatoni once I can find it.

I enjoyed these pasta dishes and I hope you will try some Barilla Plus Pasta in your next pasta dish.

#allstarsBarilla

Disclaimer: I am an Allstar brand Ambassador (a voluntary position)and I'm not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only for experiences-base reviews on my blog. The review, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of mine. To learn more about the Allrecipes Allstar program please visit Allrecipes Allstars


No comments:

Post a Comment