Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April Fun

Spring is in the air and it's time for brunches. Perfect time to try some of these recipes. This month for Allrecipes Ambassador Program I took part in a  Challenge for Johnsonville Sausages. First,  I made Amazing Muffin Cups for a brunch. They were a big hit with my family and friends. Lots of requests for the recipe, too. The muffin cups are perfect for a brunch or breakfast on the go.  I also made a batch for my daughter to take home so she could have them during the week for breakfast with her smoothie.
Click here for the recipe: Amazing Muffin Cups.


Next I made a recipe as part of a "#6 Ingredientorless" Challenge where I swapped out an ingredient in a recipe and used Johnsonville Sausage instead. I chose to do a Coney Knish. I thought this would be good with a Hot Italian Sausage by Johnsonville and I was right. It was delicious and the spices in the sausage really added a lot of flavor to the dish.  We had family over when I made them and I had to fight them off to get a picture.
Coney Knish

  • 6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 extra large onions, diced
  • 1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
  • 5 Hot Italian Johnsonville Sausages
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste 


  • Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Mash the potatoes.
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet.
  • Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; saute onions until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Mix potatoes, salt, and pepper into onions. Remove skillet from heat and cool.
  • Roll each puff pastry sheet onto a work surface. Cut each sheet into 4 squares. Spread about 1/4 cup potato mixture onto each square in a strip down the middle; top with the sausage. Cover each hot dog with about 1/4 cup more potato mixture. Roll puff pastry around hot dog and filling; place, seam side-down, on the prepared baking sheet. Brush puff pastry with egg.
  • Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.



           I also had fun creating  a PEEP Nome village in the spirit of Spring.  Our neighbors got the biggest kick out of it.



          I received a sample of Johnsonville Sausages to test some of their recipes  Check out their collection of recipes located at  Allrecipes Johnsonville collection.  
          #6IngredientsOrLess#JohnsonvilleSausage , #AllstarsJville

          Disclaimer: I am an Allstar brand Ambassador (a voluntary position)and I'm not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only for experiences-base reviews on my blog. The review, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of mine. To learn more about the Allrecipes Allstar program please visit Allrecipes Allstars






           

           

          No comments:

          Post a Comment