Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Sausage Journey for March

March has been an unusually cold month for me this year and I live in Florida.  This has been the coldest March on record for my little town. So, when I received my March activities for Allrecipes Allstars Ambassador Program with Johnsonville Sausages,  our brand sponsors for this month,  I thought "YUM"... this should be good comfort food to warm our tummies!  I really enjoyed making these dishes and my family enjoyed eating them,too.  I hope you will enjoy these dishes too.
This month I made 4 dishes using Johnsonville Sausages. By the way, I was surprised to see all the different varieties of sausages. Though I mostly used Italian sausage for these recipes but you can try mixing it up a bit by using the Andouille sausage for the Shrimp and grits or maybe a chicken sausage for the Pesto. Experiment and enjoy.

.
 My first and one of my favorites was Hot Italian Sausage and Shrimp with Asiago Grits
This was so good that there were no leftovers, not even a bite. The grits were creamy and the sauce was a bit spicy but you can adjust it to your taste by not adding as much Cajun spice. I added more Cajun spice and some red pepper flakes because we like it spicy. It sure warmed us up on a cold March evening.





My second recipe and also my other favorite was
the Amazing Muffin Cups and they were definitely amazingly good! Eggs, breakfast link sausage, red bell pepper, and cheese are baked in hash brown potato 'cups' for a delicious breakfast that will feed a crowd.  I made these for a Sunday Brunch for just my husband and I.  The leftovers were great for breakfast on the go or a quick snack. Yum. One tip... be sure to really grease up the muffin pans good so the muffin cups come out easy. Now I am craving these again.



My third dish was a Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Italian Sausage. A creamy pesto and Italian sausage sauce bring lots of flavor to gnocchi. We really enjoyed this dish, too. I added baby peas and made my own pesto sauce. Pesto sauce is easy to make and it tastes so much better when it's made fresh. Very simple and easy to make. Especially when you use a mini food processor. (My favorite appliance in my kitchen) here is a link to one of my favorite Pesto Sauces. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/15-year-old-pesto-sauce/detail.aspx






My fourth dish was Classic Beef Stuffed Peppers. You ask what's up? That has beef in it.
Well, we were asked to take a dish that we normally use ground beef and recreate it using Italian sausage. So I recreated this one using Italian sausage in place of the ground beef. This turned out really good, better than I expected. It took a bland dish and spiced it up. This dish uses a spaghetti sauce as it's sauce  I just added red pepper flakes, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in place of the cheddar cheese, since I was aiming at more of an Italian dish.  Just like sausage and peppers. Yum! Plus, it's great on a cold night to warm you up inside.

I hope you enjoyed these recipes, I know I did.
I want to thank Johnsonville for being our brand sponsor this month for the Allrecipes Allstars Ambassador Program.

 
 Disclaimer

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on My Sweet-n-Spicy Journey. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Janet Henderson-My Sweet-n-Spicy Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment