Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Preparing for Halloween



October is one of my favorite months. I love the cooler temperatures, the leaves changing colors and most of all I love Halloween. This is the time of year that I love to decorate, bake and have a party or two. So when I received my October activities for Allstars Ambassador Program, and Karo was one of our brand sponsors for this month and I thought "Perfect"... this should be fun! 

  
One of the activities was to have a little party serving Karo products,   So I had a small party to help us all get in the mood for Halloween and I invited some family and a few friends. I made  Karo's Classic Caramel Corn Treat Bags which I put into a big bowl so everyone could create their own mix. I put Sour Gummy Worms, M & M's, roasted nuts and Candy Corn in little dishes on the side so everyone could customize their own mix.  It was very easy to make and it was so good that I almost had to make another batch, very addicting. 



Creepy Mini Pizzas 

I also made Creepy Mini Pizza's for the party and that used  Fleishmans Yeast (a brand affiliate of Karo) These were a big hit! So much so that I ran out of dough and had have a friend get some "other brand" of premade crusts at the store. Once everyone tried their Pizzas I was told that the crusts I made in this recipe were a whole lot better. I put out the crusts and then I put out dishes with all kinds of toppings and some different sauces and let everyone create their own pizzas. It was fun and everyone enjoyed them a lot. This picture is one of the homemade pizza's before it went into the oven. I never got a picture of the finished pizza as it was eaten too fast. A good sign! ( I have to get quicker with the camera)
 
Harvest Pumpkin Cupcakes
  I saw these Harvest Pumpkin Cupcakes on Allrecipes.com and I had to make them.  This used Argo Corn Starch and baking powder (also a brand affiliate of Karo).They were rich and spicy pumpkin cupcakes with a creamy orange cream cheese frosting. I decided that the frosting should be orange so I added some orange icing gel. They turned out amazing. The cupcakes had a bit of spice and were moist and the frosting had just a touch of orange flavor to where the flavors blended perfectly. Nobody could resist these.


Friends and Family


Here is one of the pumkins the kids were carving after we all ate.


Grandson, Brandon


These were just some of the things that I made for my family and friends. I hope you will give some of these recipes a try and that  you will enjoy them as much as we did. Happy Halloween.


 
 Disclaimer

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.

Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on My Sweet-n-Spicy Journey. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Janet Henderson-My Sweet-n-Spicy Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment